Friday, July 22, 2011

What used to be better in the past...

Movies!
Movies used to be so much more meaningful without special effects. But maybe I'm biased because those were the movies I grew up with. Movies nowadays don't need good acting or a great plot, all they need is action, sex and a whole lot of CGI.

But let's reminisce about the movies and cartoons in the 90s. Gone are the days of super long opening credits (think 101 dalmations & fox and the hound) and pretty drawings.

My fave cartoon shows
Gargoyles
Sonic
Sonic Underground
The Addams Family
Gummi Bears
Dexter's Laboratory
Recess
The Little Mermaid
Aladdin
Darkwing Duck
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
The Chipmunks
Courage the Cowardly Dog
The Mask
Pinky and the Brain
Wild Thornberries
... Can't think of anymore but those I listed were cartoons I loved when I was younger.

Fave shows
X-Files
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Kenan & Kel
Boy Meets World
Lizzie McGuire
... I wasn't a big fan of shows, and I usually watched Animal Planet and NatGeo, I know, what a nerd.

Movies
I am a BIG movie geek. If I were to start listing movies, I would never be able to stop. So, let's not start.

Cartoon Movies
The Little Mermaid
The Swan Princess
Mulan - Yay, AZN pride.
The Lion King
Fox and the Hound

Any old movies/cartoons/animated movies you'd like to share? Comment link down below! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Agreed! They don't make movies like they used too in Hollywood. But the British filmmakers are not too bad though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh.. the era where disney cartoons were fairy tales :P

    ReplyDelete

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter