Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review: My Fave Cosmetics

I'm gonna do a review of my favorite products to date. I'm actually quite fickle and not really much of a makeup guru, so take my review with a grain of salt. :D All images are taken from the websites of its respective brand.

Canmake Cream Cheek in 08 & Cream Cheek in 07

08 a cream blusher in a very sweet light pink with slight shimmer, which is why I bought it, actually. I buy anything that's in a shade of pink (baby, pastel, light pink) that appeals to me regardless whether I need it or not. And as for its shimmer, which girl can say no to a little bling? 07 is warm, coral shade. If you compare it with 08, they are total opposites because 08 has more of a cold undertone to it.

Ok, on to the review: 08 is my very first cream blusher but I had no problems putting it on. I have tried both fingers and blush brush to apply and I find that using your fingers is easier. It's more controllable therefore making it more natural. You may accidentally go overboard with a blush brush. The best way to apply cream blush (which I why I now LOVE cream blushers, I used to overload or put too much product on one cheek with powders) is to use your middle finger to pick up the product and press your middle fingers together and when you're sure both fingers have an equal amount, just gently pat it onto your cheers and blend! You get perfectly equal blushes on both cheeks! :D 08 was listed best seller in Cleo if I'm not mistaken. I really like the vibrant yet natural glow and its staying power. Will definitely get more Canmake cream blushers... Too bad Kuching doesn't have Canmake. T^T I bought 07 on my next trip out of Kuching, the orange shade really put me off because I am a very pink-oriented girl... But I think that orange is supposed to be more suited for darker skin (read: me). I got it and a ABSOLUTELY love it! 07 is my go-to everyday blusher. It is so natural and I can use put it on with eyeliner and something for my lips and be done with it. 08 tends to wash me out a little, so I have to go heavier on the makeup. If I HAD to choose between the two, I would take 08 because I can't be disloyal to pink. But given the choice of having both, believe me when I tell you that I will probably have to repurchase 07 more than 08.

True White Plus Two-Way foundation and Skin Beauty Two-Way foundation


I bought both of these foundations in shade 21 (for comparison and also because you'll get the free compact case if you get a pair) and I really love these foundations. Why? Well, I have used BB creams (skin79 super+ beblesh balm, shills super magic bb cream) - they leave my skin dull and I dislike its smell, liquid foundations (stage picture perfect shade 06, maybelline clear smooth minerals in no.2 shell beige, diorskin nude) - are usually very slippery and I don't like how heavy liquid foundation is, other powder foundations (I have tried most drugstore brands) - makes my face very oily because they are very drying. But ZA's foundation (both of them) are brightening, oil-controlling, light but with good coverage - of course keep in mind not to PILE it on, just one or two soft-handed applications would be enough or else you WILL look like a ghost! It evens out my skin tone with just one application, I don't even need to use additional makeup to feel pretty! I don't see a big difference in the two different lines, though according to the promoter I bought from, True White is supposed to whiten skin over time and Skin Beauty is supposed to control oil so I use Skin Beauty in the afternoons and True White at night hehe! Although shade 21 is supposed to be 'yellowish', it gives me a nice, translucent healthy glow - which I have been looking for. I will continue purchasing this until something else comes along that is proven to be better than this. I honestly adore it. This is the only foundation that has ever worked for me.

L'Oreal Glam Shine Strawberry Sorbet #50

Before anything else, please let me say this: I AM SO FREAKING UPSET THAT THIS HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED. DAMN YOU, L'OREAL! DAMN YOU!! I am a lipgloss/stick/balm/anything junkie, I have a whole drawer dedicated to storing lipstuffs and let me tell you this: L'Oreal Glam Shine Strawberry Sorbet is by far my favorite among Maybelline, Benetint, Ettusais, Stage, Bourjois, Kanebo, Revlon, Canmake.... you get the idea. Even L'Oreal's other Glam Shine lines do NOT make up for this at all. I especially hate the L'Oreal Glam Shine 6 hour formula. It makes my lips peel. Have no freaking idea what they put it in but it has a very sticky sticky texture and peels my lips off while still being sticky *shudders* did anyone have the same experience with the 6 hour L'Oreal Glam Shine? Comment box below, let me know!

Source: cherryfiz.nl
Back to the Strawberry Sorbet. Le sigh! How do I start complimenting this beautiful, one of a kind lip gloss? It is the most beautiful milky pink I have ever come across. Most pinks are either too lavender or too peachy but this is the absolute smack-in-the-middle perfect milk pink! It is gorgeous in the bottle but sadly, it comes out not as opaque as I would like. It is very subtly shiny made up of the tiniest shimmers.

If anyone can direct me to a website that sells discontinued products or if they know where in the world I can find strawberry sorbet, please comment below!

3 comments:

  1. never took to foundation cause my skin usually breaks out in rashes. cute review! I'ma try it out when I have the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's scary. maybe u're allergic to an ingredient used in the foundations? ><

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with Magnetic Nude Glow.

    ReplyDelete

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter