Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I salute my Dad

Sometimes I feel that his kindness and generosity is boundless.

A taxi which was parked by the roadside turned into the main road without noticing my father's car and took off the paint on one side. My father let the guy off after reprimanding him because he felt pity for the taxi driver who was trembling in fear, had no cash or a hand phone.

I would've taken down the taxi's car plate, the driver's ic and company and gone to the company to see if they were insured against this kind of thing. But my father probably didn't want to cost him his job or cause him to suffer any serious consequences because my father assumed the driver could not afford it.

But in this world of liars and cheats, I would've at least made sure the taxi driver is really poor and incapable. If he really was, then, I wouldn't make such a big deal out of it cos accidents happen and there's no point in forcing a person with no excess money to pay for something you can afford easily.

What would you do?

4 comments:

  1. hatred breeds hatred. love breeds love. if we sow more love, the world will be a more lovely place to live in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked very hard to get my car so I would probably get the company to pay for the damage

    ReplyDelete
  3. jamie - i just don't want to see good people being taken advantage of.
    brocade blue - thx for the comment!
    rodz - yeah, couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter