Monday, January 16, 2012

Before I...

... start blogging about past events, let me just get this out of my system!


I got my iphone 4s and I'm really happy...

But!

Apple is made by idiots. By idiots I mean inconsiderate fucks.

Now don't get defensive or whatever, let me explain first and you tell me if it's idiotic or not!

If you enter the wrong country while you're creating your Apple ID, it's virtually impossible to change it. I say virtually impossible because you have to key in your credit card which I refuse to do!

You know what I had to do? I had to key in a FAKE address in the US so that I can change it to Australia. HOW RETARDED IS THAT?

So now, my Apple ID is Australia, but on iTunes, I'm still in US. WHAAAAT? I don't get it either.

The thing is, I didn't accidentally choose US, they chose for me automatically due to some connection error. WTF is that?!

Don't get me wrong, I like Apple products, why else would I get an iphone, right? But c'mon people, can you make life any harder?

Edit: 1/16 3:29PM Now I'm seriously pissed off. I called their helpline and they told me that the 'None' credit card option is only available for the US. Bullshit! Not to mention the motherfucker named Alex hung up on me. I'm emailing them now to see what they can do. PLEASE DON'T DISAPPOINT ME APPLE.

Edit: 1/17 8:07AM The iTunes support got back to me and told me that I need to key in my credit card to change my country and that I can remove my credit card details after I've done so. What a hassle! Why do you NEED the credit card details if you can remove it right after? And what about those that don't have a credit card!? Anyway, I tried to do as the guy (Asim) instructed but now I have another problem: The credit card I entered is not valid in Australia. WHAT. THE!

Edit: 1/20 8:20PM I've finally gotten my debit card from the bank and I used it to change the country. Huzzah. But still, poo poo on you, Apple! Especially to the unhelpful iTunes support (Asim!) which did not get back to me even though he sent me an email saying:
Resolving your issue is important to me, so please don't hesitate to reply if you need any further assistance. 
Edit: 1/27 10:27AM I just checked my bank account and realized that those motherfuckers are going to deduct a dollar off my account. Labeled there is: Pending: iTunes Music Store Australia, bla bla bla. WHAT?! I did NOT agree to pay anything, I did NOT purchase anything off app store or iTunes. Is this how Apple con people of their money? If I didn't check my bank account, I wouldn't have known they were going to deduct a dollar. THIS IS WHY I DIDN'T WANT TO KEY IN A CREDIT/DEBIT CARD NUMBER! Goddamnit.

11.17 AM Just called the bank and they told me that sometimes iTunes would try to verify the authenticity of the credit/debit card so they advised me to wait for my next bank statement. So, since it does say pending, it makes sense. BUT GODDAMN, APPLE, CAN'T YOU GIVE A HEADS UP?

UGH. This is all SO unpleasant. But I'm still glad that I have my baby white iphone4s. Sigh. The things I do out of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter