Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Goodbye

Saying this pretty frequently this year.
I mean year of the Rabbit cos I'm just really Chinese like that. 
Many left Kuching and some left my life.

As we grow older, we have to accept that things change with time. Whether you like it or not, it's part of life and if life stood still for us to appreciate what we have, we wouldn't. Because sometimes the things we cherish the most are the things we had or never will.

The next step in life for me is to leave Kuching, to pursue my studies abroad in Australia. I have always wanted to live somewhere that snows, but when I went to Melbourne for a vacation a few years back, I fell in love with the place. I'm sure that if you gave a homeless person chicken rice, he'll think it's the best food in the world even though the only real food he's ever had is that plate of chicken rice. To me, Melbourne is to me what that plate of chicken rice is to the homeless guy. There may be plenty of better choices but I've convinced myself this is the best choice for me. I wouldn't be able to stand the extreme cold weather that is required for snowing and even if I could, N.Z is too boring, Canada is too far and it's too hard to get a visa for U.S.A, not to mention the money involved. U.K could've been the second best place, but it's second only because I've never been there and unfortunately, they do not offer Tafe courses which is what my bf is taking and we are planning to leave the country together so... Australia it is. Culturally, I consider myself to be quite Chinese, so the thought of going to Taiwan or China has never even crossed my mind. But who knows? My plan is to travel the world as I work and come home when I'm ready to settle down. Or if I can, get a PR in Australia and return to Kuching every now and then.


Jessie, Lizard, you two will forever be my party people. People might be shallow and assume that party friends are shallow friends but what they don't understand is partying is how friendships are strengthened. If you don't like someone, you wouldn't party with them. If they ngam beh tiok key, it's hard to party together. If they don't know how to have fun, nobody wants to party with them. But we all know it's more than just partying. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I doubt that people will understand how we guard each others secrets like our own and put blind faith in trust. It's hard to describe how I feel about our friendship, but remember: No matter what happens, even when the world is against you, I will always be with you.

I'm glad that in Senior 1 I was put in the same class as you, Jessie. Remember a long time ago we said that "beh pubo du beh ho seng liao ma". It made so much sense back then. But that was 6 years ago and we've grown beyond that. You don't know it, but you taught me a lot of things, you had some part in who I am today and even after we left school, I'm glad our friendship endured.

I'm glad that right before CNY 2010, you ma Peters waltz into my life without me knowing that one day you'll be one of the few people I truly trust. I will never get sick of telling people the story of how I didn't know who you are and chatted to you for a full hour or so. You're the craziest and steadiest person I have ever met and I don't think I'll meet anyone else like you.

I'm glad for the two of you, for making my life a richer place to live in. ♥


My sistas, Chia, Hei, Siew, KY (included :P) can you believe that we've been friends for more than 6 years already?! We went from immature, childish brats to who we are today. We didn't know what sisterhood meant and went through so much together till eventually, we learnt that it wasn't about loyalty (as in the only friends we can have are each other - that was pretty stupid, wasn't it?), it was more about acceptance. Through the years, we have truly become family. I cannot imagine life without you all. I think what best describes our friendship is: friends are like stars, you can't always see them but they are always there. We are like true sisters, we are so different from each other yet we are able to accept each other for who they are. We also don't see each other as much as we would like but I believe that this is the perfect balance. Take care of each other okay? And thanks for the presents. I've already used them all. And KY you cheeky little thing, I found some surprises in the diary you gave me. I like it! HAHA.

我用旧照片来形容我们多年的友情!哈哈。
Laopo, technically, I'm not leaving you because you left me first hahaha! But I'm lucky to have someone like you! We really grew up together, didn't we? You're the oldest friend that I'm still so close to! Your family really hated me because they thought I was the bad influence but the truth is you really spoilt me like crazy. You always gave me everything I wanted and took in my temper without even raising an eyebrow. If you were a boy we would've been perfect for each other and everyone would envy us and kill us out of jealousy so thank god we're both females and straight! Despite all the years and all the distance, I'm glad to have you by my side. :)

这。。。我根本都没照片好放;我们的友情因为我的决定而改变了太多。最近没拍合照,放旧照片又太虚伪。就这样放空吧。

My gang of brothers, we used to be so close. But time has a way of changing things. I will never forget how I was the only girl in the whole group and how all of you were like protective brothers. If I were lonely you guys would be there, if I were hungry you guys would be there and eat my food, if I were angry you guys would be a little further away hahahah. JK. I know that you guys cared and that's all the matters. If we're lucky, a few years ahead we'll reunite when we're done with chasing our dreams and living our separate lives. But if I'm honest, I know that our time has come and gone. So take good care of yourselves and thank you for the memories.

And to all those that I got closer to this year (I really hope you know who you are), each of you make it harder to leave Kuching. But I'll be back and when I do, we'll party like animals!

你不会以为我会放过你吧?

This is Koala and Frog. How they became best friends is a mystery and also against nature. HAHA.. But seriously, thanks for being there for me all the time and taking care of me. You're also more than welcomed to come to me whenever for whatever because we stick together right? You jump, I jump? Sorry Koala had to go back to her native country. :( Now there's no one to dig a hole for you. But don't stop living the life! Don't look, just jump! :D See you soon, if I don't see you... Then you know, I know. Don't be stupid anymore, Frog, and don't be too damn kind-hearted otherwise I may have to fly back and stab you in the eye. Remember, future comes first!

Ok, now I'm done with the dedications. If I didn't include you, it's because I'm shy.

The truth is, I will miss Kuching so much it hurts. It's not because I'm leaving the place where I was born but I am leaving everyone I grew up with. Not literally, but in the sense that we learnt together, we matured together, we experienced together. I am afraid in many ways that things will change and never be the same again. I'm afraid of going back and realizing that I've been forgotten, or worse, replaced. I'm afraid of what the future may bring. However, plunging into the unknown is like going on an adventure. And none of those young at heart will ever say no to an adventure. :D

All in all, writing this post made me realize (for the one thousandth time) that I am truly blessed to have people that care about me. I know you all don't just care, I know you all sayang me in your own way. And that's why I'm lucky, to have so many angels in my life. Thank you for the memories and everything else. Please take care of yourselves because I care. Till we meet again.

But c'mon, technology is so advanced now so keep in touch!

PEACE OUT.

- written on the 15th of Nov, completed today! 

2 comments:

  1. Just realised about this post! :DD hahaha i was reading the newest post by phone this morning!

    *HUG* laopo :D I will always by your side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D *HUG* no wonder, i was thinking to myself IMPOSSIBLE SHE DIDN'T COMMENT IF SHE READ THIS!

    ReplyDelete

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter