Thursday, January 26, 2012

Series: Game of Thrones

Two things I'd like to point out:
Contains nudity, proceed with caution.
Looks like an expensive production.

Source: Google Images
This is the first tv series I have come across that contains nudity. And just when got used to the idea of seeing boobies, BAM, they show you an uncensored piece of male genitalia and incest. I do not believe that sex scenes contribute anything to the plot and therefore unnecessary. But! It does draw you into a different world. In our world, you'd seldom hear people boast about their latest tumbles with a prostitute - hell, they'd be ashamed of it. Those that do boast are just losers and they don't count. I have never come across any incestuous stories aside from that Austrian man who raped his daughter. Oh, and bastard sons. In the show, it wasn't even considered a big deal for whores to carry and birth sons. This brings me back to my point, this is a story set in a world that seems to be totally indifferent to everything sexual which is about as different to our world as it ever will be. Even rapists (called rapers in the show) are treated more mercifully than what our society would. So there you go, a totally different world.

If you brought home a bastard son, I'm pretty sure your wife would castrate and divorce you. If you committed incest, you'll be thrown in prison, I suppose. Whores will forever remain taboo and you're just disgusting for sleeping with one. I don't care who you are. If you've fucked a whore, you're just as dirty as one.

Other than that, this show has too much going on. I believe there are 3 on coming wars and a few people attempting to take the throne. It made my head ACHE to keep track of what was happening. I think that this show is only good in small doses. It's a hulking 40 mins for each episode for god's sake. I don't know what I was thinking, completing one season in just three days. I think I have to rewatch it.

But this...

Source: Google Images
... is the true reason why I wanted to watch it in the first place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter