Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Innit is dying...

Back when innit was first implemented, there were hoards and hoards of bloggers chatting at any given time. I quit blogging for a period of time and when I returned to innit, it has become a heaven for spammers - myself included. Hey! If you can't stop them, join them, right?!

Featured Posts
Nath made an interesting discovery about innit and I must say that I have taken advantage of the fact that the featured posts are refreshed at 00:00am every day. But I'm unable to do that now due to the fact that I'm 3 hours ahead. I have to wait up till 3am to nang myself to the featured posts. No way in hell am I doing that. My suggestion to Nuffnang: The system is faulty in the sense that if I add a new post at 11:59pm, my post would only be eligible to be in the featured posts for one minute. Instead of featured posts of the day, showcase featured posts in the past 24 hours!

Quantity over Quality
Another thing is - if you haven't realize already - the quantity of posts that people make to attract traffic. If one isn't working, post two, if either of the two posts aren't attracting anyone, post three! One of those posts is bound to be interesting enough so that people would start visiting your blog. No. Stop doing it. Doing so will only result in people never visiting your blog again because there is no real content. Unless of course, you are like Perez Hilton, and you have fresh and new things to post with real content.

Copy and Paste
I don't know how many times I've clicked on 'movie review of xxx!!!' and get so disappointed because noob/lazy bloggers copy and paste from IMDB. What a disgrace to bloggers! You are a blogger, so at least write a paragraph or two! I believed I may even have danged the damn post. You wasted my time and my precious 10GB internet, every MB counts!!!

Misleading Titles
People tend to title their posts scandalously or in a way they think is interesting and would attract people to visit their blog. Sure, it'll attract people once. It's similar to 'Quantity over Quality'. When you cheat someone of their money (time), you'll be sure that they never buy (visit) from you again.

9 comments:

  1. 'Innit is dying...' is not a misleading title, then? ;)

    a_x

    ReplyDelete
  2. innit is not dying, it's just... flooded with posts that lack quality ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant it figuretively not literally :p as in its not what it used to be.

      Delete
  3. I can't even log in to innit and the support staff hasn't been able to help me out. :(:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i faced the same problem once due to my membership status not being glitterati. maybe you should contact them again using the same ticket you created previously? just log on to http://www.nuffnang.com.my/help/ and click find ticket! hope i helped! xo

      Delete
  4. Wua, thanks for promoting my post. Actually 4 years ago it used to be past 24 hours but Nuffnang made some changes. You can always suggest to them but I'm not sure it will be done easily unless voiced out by a large number of bloggers.

    Don't blame me for having 2-3 posts a day, I got 2-3 various blogs so >.<

    P/S: Hopefully my post about hating BITCHES is not misleading =X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's wrong with...female dogs, Nath? Why do you hate them so? :X

      a_X

      Delete
    2. hate them cause I might be jealous of them. You know there are some things you won't like to share, especially attention :p

      Delete

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter