Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentines Special


Valentines day is tomorrow! So, to honor the celebration of love, I'm going to write about it.
There is a difference between the one you settle for, the one you love and the one you're meant to be with.
I have been very obsessed with this quote recently. At first I was wondering why the one you love and the one you're meant for are separated... Then I realized that it's separated because it's different. Good for you if the one you're meant the be with and the one you love are the same person but I've come to believe that it's rarely so.

Before we go any further, this is my explanation for the three:

The one you settle for - This is the person you end up with when you realize that the person you love or the person you're meant to be with hasn't showed up yet. It's not what you originally wanted, it's what you have to accept. Have you ever heard of the quote beggars can't be choosers? Well, there you go. You've either ran out of time (imagine being 50 and still waiting for your one true love) or succumbed to the will of your parents (WE WANT GRANDCHILDREN, anyone?) but whatever the reason is... This is the person that shows up at the right time but is completely the wrong person for you. You may learn to live with her/him, love her/him even, but truth be told... S/he wasn't what you wanted.

The one you love - A lot of people seem to think they know what love is. I'm here to tell you no, most of you don't. I don't even know how to start describing it cos it's love! How do you tell someone what love is? To me it's meeting that one person who you're crazily in love with and who drives you crazy at the same time... The person that you can't justify loving. End of story.

The one you're meant to be with - Everyone has that dream guy/girl. They know exactly what kind of person they want and one day this perfect person comes into their life. They fit like two pieces of a puzzle. They are compatible in every way. They seem to be made solely for each other. It should be a happily ever after but then what if the person you're meant to be with isn't the one you love?

Obviously, I'm going to kick 'the one you settle for' to aside because that's not romantic. Sorry, but no. It's like I asked for pink and someone gave me lavander. No. No. No. F off, I don't settle.

So in the left corner we have the one that you love and in the right, the one you're meant to be with. Who would you choose?

I know that this is too bittersweet as a valentines post, but honestly, I'm sick of all the sugar that's going around. Ok, and I do think that it's appropriate because it's the day of love, dude. If it's not the day to contemplate deep shit like this, I don't know when is.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day to you <3 For all the singles out there, Happy Self Love Singlehood Day :)

    ReplyDelete

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter