Tuesday, March 20, 2012

bla x 3

One of the hardest things about leaving home was knowing that I was saying goodbye to delicious food. I can't cook even if my life depended on it. I've failed to the point where I decided to just give up. I'll find a husband who can cook for me, hire a maid, hope that mom outlives me etc. LOL. Studying abroad was so fanatical that I never thought of the less appealing side: cooking, washing, cleaning, bills, blah.

So I tried making steamed eggs today.

EPIC FAIL.
The eggs just refused to be cooked! I filled a pan with water, waited till it's boiling and put a small bowl on top of a metal stand and left it there for about an hour. When I went to check on it, it was still watery. WHAI! Oh, I replaced minced pork with minced beef because according to lots of people, pork in Melb smells like shit.

That's it. Going to call daddy now. Goodnight.

Edit// I told dad about my failed attempt at steaming eggs and he started laughing at me so hard when I told him how I tried to steam them. Apparently, steamed eggs are cooked by steam. It was so obvious I totally missed it ahahaha. You have to cover the pan/wok/pot filled with water and not the one filled with eggs. HAH. Ok, so take it from me? I'm pretty sure there must be someone out there with cooking capabilities akin to mine. Good luck to you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter