Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Event & Movie Review: My Idiot Brother

Today's the day of the screening of My Idiot Brother by Nuffnang. :D


First we had an early dinner at Cacao Green (yea, we had ice cream for dinner) with some fries & chicken from Schnitz (which was really good! i'm beginning to think all food in melb is out to make people fat). I had the Pomegranate while Adam chose the original flavor - yogurt. I think that original tastes better of the two, but I love yogurt sooo...






After that we took the train down to South Yarra and asked the staff how to get to The Jam Factory. They pointed to a tram stop in front of us and told us to get off at the next stop... But of couse, we missed it and had to catch another tram going back to the direction we came from. - - A kind lady told us how to get to The Jam Factory after overhearing me ask the tram driver. People here are just so damn nice!

We reached The Jam Factory at a little more than 6 which is surprisingly early as I planned waaaay ahead of time cos I knew we would have trouble finding it cos even equipped with google map and the latest tech, I am capable of getting lost.




Anyway, I thought that Gold Class was just a name. I didn't know that we were actually getting gold class tickets!



The staff are generally friendly, but there's this one in particular (I didn't get her name! D:<) who was especially fun! She suggested I take a photo with the hugeass bottle.


I got an idea, but the bottle was too heavy so...



At 7, we were all seated in the hall. We got to go in first cos, I guess we were closest to the hall? Anyway, we picked our fave spot: the middle. It's our favorite spot cos you aren't at an angle, you're not too far and not too near from the screen... What's your fave spot at the cinema?



A few people started to adjust the ginormous sofas into sofabeds so I started fiddling with it. Oh god, it felt so good to curl up and watch a movie on the big screen with complimentary beer & salty (fave!!) popcorn!

AND THE MOVIE STARTED.

It was unbelievable. I have never seen such a big screen in HD! There was no noise I could see. Just thinking about it makes me feel like I've been cheated all my life by Kuching cinemas!

Ok on to the review.

Source: Google Images
The trailer looked so promising. I just, I don't know, expected something like Due Date which I enjoyed immensely, even Get Him To The Greek had character development, and a solid plot! In Our Idiot Brother, I just felt like I was being told a chapter of a story about a bunch of strangers. But I liked the concept of this naive 20 something guy who still believes that life is all peach and roses... Although sometimes they went overboard with his naivity and made him look like an actual idiot. Highlight for spoilers -> Like when he caught his brother in law naked with Tatiana? God, that chick was a slut. 

There was one line that stuck with me, actually two.

1. I like to think that if you put your trust out there, I mean if you really give people the benefit of a doubt and see their best intentions, people will rise to the occasion. - Ned
2. Nobody loves like Ned loves - unconditionally. - One of Ned's sisters

The first quote could have been phrased better but hey. Ned's supposed to be an idiot who's actually not an idiot because he just has a childlike quality. It's quite a paradox, and I really don't want to go into details because it's obviously just a light hearted film attempting to break into the "heartwarming comedy" genre. It did bring tears to my eyes tho, but I'm really emotional. I'd cry at every given chance hahaha... But yea, I wouldn't have watched the movie in gold class, man, it's something I would watch on my laptop while just chillin cos it really wasn't that funny.

But I'm not complaining! I really appreciate being able to have a taste of gold class! It's just that if it were up to me, I'd choose a movie with a little extra like say... Hunger Games? xD

5 comments:

  1. re-quote Ned's line in FB :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was SO looking forward to the gold class experience ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's alright, we have the 3d experience to look forward to!

      Delete
  3. OMG..the frikkin cinema. I hate Kuching cinema. Imma burn it down now so they can build cinema like this. lol. Watch the movie. It was okay. :) HUNGER GAMES!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but if you do that you'll burn down spring too then kch won't have a mall anymore... LOL.

      Delete

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter