Monday, August 27, 2012

Review: Corioliss Pro V Red Leopard Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron

I actually wrote this back in April haha but I wanted to make a video to go with it so I delayed it till now~ At the end of the day, I realized that I didn't like how I look in a video (appearance wise and style wise - I look and sound so awkward) so NO VIDEO till I discover how to make myself look good on video. 

Woa what a mouthful. And before I begin, I would like to say that I am in no way affiliated with Flat Iron Experts (how I wish I was!) and this post is based on my honest opinion.


I got this baby in 2010 when it was on promotion on flatironexperts.com and it came with a few cool gifts like a baby pink mini flat iron (initially I wanted the pink full sized Corioliss, but it was out of stock so I got the Red Leopard instead sad but this made it up for the disappointment a little bit lol), a KQC thermal shine spray (the scent did not appeal to me, but it did its job well so I didn't mind how it smelt like especially since the scent does not linger) and a KQC holder (I must admit I was a little apprehensive about putting my Corioliss into the holder while it's still hot cos I'd afraid it'd melt but it thankfully it hasn't) for it!

I know, it's two years ago... But it's been two years and it's still going strong! I love it!

My hair is very thick, super coarse and naturally straight but due to it's immense thickness, it is pretty damn voluminous. On top of that, my ends have been bleached blonde and dyed black and chemically straightened, so they are pretty much dead lol. I have been using Joico Gold (K-Pak Reconstruct) for about a year now and my hair's started to get really tangly. So I decided that my hair has too much protein and that I should start incorporating moisture into my hair care regime. I wanted to try Dove's Nutri-Oil Serum so I joined Chaigyaru's giveaway and Nuffnang's April Product Talk and didn't get chosen on either accounts so decided that it isn't meant to be so I got Organix Macadamia Oil Intensive Moisture Mask and Joico Blue (Moisture Recovery) instead. LOL yes I am bitter! Dove Nutri-Oil Serum, Y U NO WAN ME? But I am glad I got the two other products, especially Joico Blue. Review soon, but damn! I'm impressed.

Air dried day old hair!
OK. Enough about my hair, if you are so inclined, you may read about what my hair has been through here. On to Corioliss. It is 1-1/4 inches, heats up from 140 to 410 Fahrenheit - I use about 275. For more information about it, click!

It is really good at what its supposed to do - straighten hair. It smooths all flyaways and gives the illusion that you've just chemically straightened your hair every single time without fail. But I actually got this straightener because I saw a tutorial on youtube about curling hair with a Corioliss by Rosebud143! The idea that a flat iron could double as a curler really sold me (it was 2 years ago - I was gullible and ignorant lol) but there is a reason why curlers haven't gone extinct!!!

Although I must admit that the curls made by a straightener looks pretty damn awesome on people who have lots of layers in their hair, it doesn't look as good on people who don't! Why? Simply because the curls it create are very uniform, so unless you have layers to break it up, chances are, your curls will look identical to one another and will usually group together to form one long sausage lmfao. Happens to me all the time and I'd have to run my fingers through my hair to break them up but if you overdo it you'll look like a mess. And no, not a hot one. Unless, of course, that's the look you're trying to achieve. Beats me why anyone would want to look like they have two sausages or a bird's nest for hair but whatever rocks your boat!

Secondly, do not ever try to curl your hair with a straightener (using the Rosebud's method) if you hair is anywhere as damaged as mine because it'll be near-impossible to just run the iron through your hair because damaged hair isn't smooth so it'll snag on the iron.

I may look happy, but trust me I'm not cos the iron's stuck.
It's been with me for 2 years, and prior to coming to Melbourne, I was more or less a party animal so I do up my hair all the time and it hasn't failed me yet. It's lasting, doesn't damage hair as much as cheap alternatives because it's supposed to have some kind of hi-tech plates but generally I think that because you only need to straighten or curl one section of hair once, it minimizes damage. I've had cheap straighteners before and have to continuously straighten one section and even then, might not be as straight as what I can achieve with this baby.


I curled the ends inwards slightly even though I wanted to show yall how dead straight Corioliss can achieve. *genius* But I've done so much hair damage for the sake of this blog. GIMME LOVE DAMNIT.

3 comments:

  1. Review: Corioliss Pro V Red Leopard Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron ... straightenerceramic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea that a flat iron could double as a curler really sold me (it was ... straightenercurler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter