Friday, September 7, 2012

Carbonara under 15 Minutes!

For the lazy student, making do with bare minimum ingredients but still mm-magnific! Coming up with this recipe was not without trial and error. The first time I made it, I used cheddar cheese instead of cream cheese and you can imagine my horror when the butter & cheese stayed separate. I ended up with chunky, melted cheese and an oily milk mixture. But I've perfected it and absolutely love its simplicity!!! It's so simple, I feel like I'm cheating. x)


Ingredients:
- Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Milk
- Bacon bits
- Mushrooms

1. Melt butter in saucepan.
2. Fry bacon.
3. Add mushrooms when bacon is slightly browned.


4. Add milk when mushrooms soften.
5. Add cream cheese.
6. Keep adding either milk or cheese until you're happy with the consistency and taste. I like my carbonara rich & creamy, rather than diluted so I added more cheese.


And you're done!

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter