Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ilitili Virus

It's a browser virus that seems harmless enough. Occasionally opens a survey or a page that says "CONGRATULATIONS" in a new tab, looking real legit - complete with a disclaimer at the end stating that they are in no way affiliated with the website which redirected you there. It could be any site, the first time it happened to me, I was on Groupon.

I freaked out when I googled it because apparently, it harvests your information like you password, credit card number, shit like that. 

I downloaded a few antivirus softwares which got rid of the surveys and shit... But then I realized that there were some highlighted texts on certain websites that - when your cursor hovered over it - would have a little pop up box with the words "Easy Inline" and other details. When I clicked on it, it led me to ilitili.com and redirected me to another site. This was present along with the surveys and shit, but I thought that once I got rid of the surveys, it would disappear as well... Well, I was wrong.

A quick google search led me to the 'FBPhotoZoom' which was installed on my web browser. I deleted the extension and viola~ It's gone!!!

Just wanted to share this in case anyone else was facing the same problems. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter