Friday, September 14, 2012

WTF, Malaysia?

Source: Emmatyan's deviantArt
The Education Ministry had endorsed “guidelines” to help parents to identify gay and lesbian “symptoms” in their children so they can take early corrective measurements.
Malaysiakini
Times like these, I feel embarrassed for Malaysia. The whole article is ignorant, inaccurate and presumptuous.
Symptoms of Gays:
Have a muscular body and like to show their body by wearing V-neck and sleeveless clothes;
Prefer tight and light-coloured clothes;
Attracted to men; and
Like to bring big handbags, similar to those used by women, when hanging out.

Symptoms of Lesbians:
Attracted to women;
Besides their female companions, they will distance themselves from other women;
Like to hang out, have meals and sleep in the company of women;
and Have no affection for men.
I had no idea that homosexuality was a disease. What, is homosexuality contagious? Is there a pill you can take that cures homosexuality?! No. Goddamn it, homosexuality is nothing like the flu! Apart from that, homosexuality has been declassified as a mental disorder in 1973 by the American Psychiatric Association and all major mental health organizations. So there.

In regards to the list of symptoms above, I would like to point out that not all gays like to show off their muscular bodies, prefer tight and light colored clothing or like to carry handbags and not all males who do the above are gay. If that were so, all bodybuilders would be gay and homophobes are going to have a really bad time.

Let's move on to lesbian symptoms. I'm a straight female, I think women are beautiful creatures, I have a few female companions I see as my close friends and I often distance myself from other women (because although women are beautiful creatures, they can be bitchy as hell). I also like to hang out, have meals and have sleepovers with my girls. On the other hand, I have lesbian friends who do not distance themselves from other women despite being in a relationship because they obviously like to hang out with others of the fairer sex.

As for the 'gays are attracted to men' and 'lesbians are attracted to women and have no affection for men'...

Source: Google Images
Homosexuals are usually born that way. I say 'usually' because there are those that were influenced by either friends of life experiences.

By friends, well, a young mind is impressionable and I don't claim to understand how exposure to LGBTs would affect them... Especially if LGBT is portrayed as cool. Do you remember back when t.A.T.u exploded to fame, suddenly, everybody was a lesbian? But most grow out of that phase, so that's saying a lot.

As for life experiences, I realized that many girls who had a missing father figure in their lives or had been deeply hurt by their men would turn to women. Similarly, I do not claim it to be a proven theory. It's just what I've seen but I could very much be wrong, unlike the article above, which stated the symptoms as facts and overlooked the fundamentals of a coherent argument: requirement of proof.

Furthermore, why is it so crucial to pick out homosexuals when you don't try to classify the rest of the people? LGBT ostracism has got to stop, at the end of the day we're all human and you know what humans have in common? Free will.

Malaysia, why do you ridicule yourself so? The list of symptoms are neither accurate nor from a reliable source. This world has moved on, we're no longer uneducated hicks that would gobble up everything you throw at us. So, wtf, Malaysia?

Update: 16/09/2012
You've made Malaysia the laughing stock of the world. 

1 comment:

  1. I got no comment, just sharing of the day LOL

    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/386273_157105724430466_1513189189_n.jpg

    ReplyDelete

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter