Wednesday, January 16, 2013

♥ 160113

I did a photoshoot yesterday with Gerald Lim from randomshutter.com. It's a creepy punk themed shoot and I can't wait to share it on my blog! :) Finally something solid instead of just almost there posts. I actually have a lot to blog about... Ever since coming back, I've made a lot of purchases. You can't really say no when you realize that the price for the exact same product is the fraction of its price in Melbourne. For example, Revlon lip butters are AUD20+ in Melb and MYR20+ in Kuching! There's an exchange rate of 3.2(?) so purchasing a Revlon lip butter in Melb is equivalent to purchasing 3 in Kuching!

But I can't deny that the dresses I bought from Melb are of superior quality & cut. Well... Duh, right? At that price, if it wasn't a lot better than it wouldn't be worth it at all. What am I even saying? The only qualm I have is that Australians are too goddamn trendy. If cutouts are the in thing, you'd be sure that the only dresses you can find have cutouts. So what about the minority who dislikes the current trend? I for sure hate cutouts (but I own a few dresses with cutouts cos the dresses themselves are gorgeous - just ruined by those RANDOM HOLES!!! RAWR!!!) and fluorescent (NEON COLORS?! please, I'm forever a pastel girl <3). I guess it can be cool for trendfollowers (can't stand the word trendsetters, because if the trend is already there, you're not setting, you're fucking following!), but I'm not one of them.

Come to think about it, I don't really have my own style either. I am a jeans/shorts & tee kinda girl. But I've forbidden myself to buy anymore t-shirts because I'm so sick of the whole ensemble! Took me 23 years on this planet to get sick of it but I finally have. I'm going to try my best to stay away from tshirts from now on so...

Here's to attempting to create my own style, not fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter