Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 2

I rushed to Prahan once I realized that I didn't have class. I guess didn't get the memo that holidays started early.

I was given 4 tasks: 

1. Organize files and create miniature copies. 
2. Compile a report for 20th Century Fox. 
3. Generate content for the monthly Nuffnang newsletter. 
4. Answer questions through Nuffnang Helpdesk. 

Sounds simple enough, right? But it took me the entire afternoon to do task 1 & 2. I feel incomplete, like part of me is still back at that office, nagging me at the back of my mind saying: YOU DID NOT DELIVER! YOU ARE A FAILURE. No, I'm kidding. But I hate knowing that I didn't finish what I set out to do. Apparently it's something I'll just have to get used to because "in the office, your work is never done". Wise words from Vanessa. 

Allow me to digress for a little bit. For lunch, I decided I was craving for Mcd fries so I asked where Mcd was. Apparently, it was "10 minutes away" but I guess when you walk like a slowpoke, eg. me, it feels more like 20 minutes. No problem. Fries. Yes, they are worth it.

It wasn't worth it when I was almost blown away by the wind. It wasn't worth it when the wind blew debris into my eyes which are protected by pathetically spares Asian lashes. It definitely wasn't worth it when it started drizzling. And I blame Mcd for my incompetence at not finishing everything that was set out for me.

Other than that, it was great. I kept busy until everyone decided to kickstart the holidays by going for some drinks! Happy holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter