Friday, March 22, 2013

Review: Naruko Facial Masks

I got these masks during Naruko Australia's free masks promotion last year so excuse the lack of pictures because I've already used them all save for 2 pcs of the same kind. They all only costed me a total of 9.90AUD so THANKS to my friend Andrew for the heads up! :)


From left:

Taiwan Magnolia Brightening and Firming Mask ♥♥/5
This mask is rich in plant extracts that instantly brighten skin tone and combat hyper-pigmentations. The unique formula provides immediate smoothing and lifting action to tired and lifeless skin. It leaves the skin soft, firm and smooth.


The essence for this mask is the thickest of the lot. The mask itself was opaque from all the essence! THERE WAS JUST SO MUCH ESSENCE! I have never seen anything like it so I had to take a picture of it. I could've slathered the remaining essence from the packet all over my body and there'd still be some LEFT OVER! However, there wasn't any visible result. Like, seriously? The essence was so thick, you'd expect the results to be amazing. Maybe it's just me.


This one have ear hooks and covers your chin and jaw area. Reminds me of the Love More mask I reviewed some time around now last year! I guess it's cos its supposed to firm up your face. They fit a lot better than the Love More though but are still far from perfect. I still got those little bubbles beside my nose (as you can see).

Raw Job's Tears Supercritical CO2 Brightening Mask ♥/5
This mask is enriched with moisture and fortified with anti-oxidants to refine texture, lighten discolorations and strengthen the defense system. Skin feels softer, smoother and more resilient with a younger appearance.

The mask is really droopy, maybe cos it's got lots of essence, so it feels as though it's slipping down my face. Really brightens the face. I saw results the moment I took off the mask and knew it worked because the area around my eyes were darker than the rest of my skin wtf. See, that's what a horrible design does. So unless Naruko starts creating masks with eye flaps, I'm NOT GOING TO REPURCHASE because there's no point in having great skin all around except your eye area. I'd rather have consistent skin texture and tone TYVM. Additionally, the mask is rather big and doesn't fit me very well - it overlaps around my cheek area but it doesn't quite reach the sides of my face wtf I haz a big face!?!

Apple Seed & Tranexamic Acid Black Spots and Lines Defying Mask ♥/5
This mask offers renewed radiance in just 15-20 minutes. Utilizing four powerful brightening ingredients, it prevents the creation of discolorations and reduces the appearance of dark spots. Helps trade a dull complexion for a fresh, luminous and even-toned skin.

This one doesn't cover the tip of my nose at all! *horror* I tried adjusting it and nope. It just refuses to cooperate with me and give TLC to the tip of my nose. I went to sleep with the mask on and told Adam to peel it off my face after 20 minutes lol cos I wanted to try how it felt to sleep with a mask on. I didn't like it. I couldn't quite curl in a fetal position (fave way to sleep, curled up in a ball) because I'd have to turn my face to the side. /3\ The next day though, my face was unnaturally shiny. Not oily shiny, but just shiny! I did not know what to make of it lol. But I did not see any drastic changes. :\

Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Hydrating Mask ♥/5
This amazing mask contains 25ml of active beauty concentrates per sheet. It provides intense hydration and replenishes the skin with full moisture. Helps dull, tired-looking skin restore its dewy, radiant glow.

OMG I LOVE THE SCENT OF THIS MASK. But this mask is significantly more fragile or maybe I was being unnecessarily careless while putting it on but I tore it. I have never torn a mask before. O.O This is probably my favorite of the lot cos of the scent, the fit and the texture. It smells like roses (no duh - someone explain to me why I hate the smell of actual roses & rose scented candles but love the rosewater perfume from Crabtree & Evelyn and love the smell of rose scented facial masks!!!), fits well (covers my entire nose which is a giant PLUS but also overlaps at the cheek area but is too far from my ears) and is that delicate sort of tissue mask which I adore! The result? Shiny & tight skin similar to the Apple Seed above. Anyone can explain this phenomenon? It's supposed to make my face glow but somehow I doubt I was glowing the right way.

One thing I don't like about the masks is that neither of them have eye flaps although the design (both fit & texture) differs for each of them. I mean seriously, you could give the Taiwan Magnolia Whitening & Brightening mask the jaw/chin flap but couldn't give it eye flaps!? Most masks have eye flaps now so why didn't Naruko incorporate that into their mask design?!! WHY! Even though most people might not lie still for 20 minutes with their eyes closed, AT LEAST GIVE US THAT OPTION cos humans are greedy, greedy pigs who would rather have something they don't use than have no choice at all.

Wow. It got real intense all of a sudden.

But there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter