Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 9

The last day of my internship - was supposed to be on the 26th but I wanted to make up for the 12th when I took sick leave.

Just as I was beginning to get comfortable and show some initiative, my internship has come to an end. At the end of the day, I almost couldn't bring myself to leave.

But today I finally got around to making buttons for Nuffnang's FB page. It has been bugging me ever since Valissa (my unofficial mentor) told me that they can be changed and I made a vow to myself that before I leave, I must and I did! I couldn't really go nuts with it because it had to fit in with Nuffnang's overall theme (think blue gradient) but at least now the page is just that much sleeker.

My other tasks were PR related and I must admit that ever since interning at Nuffnang, I've learnt how to approach companies and contacting them. I was rather nervous at first because I was afraid I didn't sound professional enough or perhaps I might say the wrong thing, but thanks to the internship, my confidence has grown that much stronger.

Another thing I was asked to do was to compile more tweets - which really isn't work at all. I could probably do it all day everyday, if only there were enough material to go on with. It was that much fun to work with social media.

I'm extremely grateful to have been given the opportunity to have met and worked with such chill people - who eat almost as much as they work (JKS) - and has never made me feel unwelcome. If you guys are reading this, thank you for making my internship both enjoyable and worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter