Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Easy Steak Dinner

Hi guys, if you have been following me on Insta, you'd know that I recently made steak for dinner, complete with peas and sauce and mash!

Here's the recipe for the sauce: click! I used fresh diced mushrooms instead of the garlic steak powder so it has little bits of yummy shrooms.

If you're lazy to click on the link, here's my variation:

Ingredients:
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cube of beef stock
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 - 3/4 cream
- 1-2 tbs corn flour
- 1 or 2 fresh button mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 tbs salt (or whatever rocks your boat, really, you could even skip this step... I love salt so I PILE IT ON)

1. Peel the garlic and then crush them and toss into pan (without oil)
2. Add water and beef stock
3. Add garlic powder and cream and lastly, flour
4. Add diced mushrooms
5. Salt to taste and you're done!

For the steak, all I did was marinate it with LOTS of salt and black pepper overnight. Do not be afraid to be generous with the salt because steaks are thick and you're only coating the outer layer. You'll need enough salt on the beef to make it tasty or you'll end up with bland chunks of meat.

As for the mash which I consider to be my specialty cos we practically lived off mash and bacon last year... You can follow the instructions from my shepherds pie recipe. But for this dish, I added chives on top of the potatoes to give it extra flavor.

And viola!

(Taken from my Insta, if you're not following me... Click on the photo!)


Oh yea, for the peas, you just boil em. Make sure not to undercook/overcook them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter