Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Meet Monstar!

Guess what arrived in the mail today!

(And yes, I named it)


Now, I'm not even going to pretend that I know anything about laptops. I mean it took me 5 minutes just to find the power on button. It was seamlessly designed into the frontal speakers, you sneaky little thing. So if you're a techie, these are the specs (that matter lol):

95% Gamut Matte LCD
120GB SSD Samsung
AMD Radeon HD 7970M 2GB GDDR5
i7-3630QM Quad Core CPU 2.4GHz up to 3.4GHz
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM (4 x 4GB)

My previous laptop has been with me since 2007 or 2008. That is a good 5-6 years. She's still working fine but the thing with laptops is that you can't really upgrade them like a CPU. She can't handle the games I play and the software I use anymore... So, it's with great sadness that I kiss my pink, ancient laptop behind and say hello to Monstar!

Hello, Monstar!

I woke up at 8am to wait for the mailman. I can get a little obsessed at times. AHAHA. A little. First thing I did was to get it out of its cage, made space for it on the table and set it down like a king. Then I started doing what every girl would.


Customize it. Yes, girls, the backlight is A GRADIENT OF WHITE, PURPLE AND PINK!

And then I logged onto blogger.com. HI I AM BLOGGING FROM MY NEW LAPTOP CAN YOU FEEL MY EXCITEMENT?!! On a side note, my blog looks so different on a 1920x1080 resolution. Apparently, 1280x800 is obsolete now.

Typing on a new laptop needs some getting used to. I like typing with my whole palm kinda resting on the laptop but I can't do that anymore because the trackpad is quiet sensitive and big so I'd end up clicking somewhere if I continue to type the way I used to.

The trackpad has a smooth, matte feel. Touch one of your matte book covers, that's how it feels. Actually, the whole laptop is kinda matte, which has a downside: oil stains will show up easily. I guess that's a good thing cos then I'll stop eating while using my laptop.

A definite plus is the numpad on the keyboard. My bf will probably say "duh, it's a gaming laptop, all gaming laptops have a numpad" but I've never noticed numpads on laptops so forgive my ignorance! That was sarcasm btw.

But talking about gaming, I was excited to check out the graphic card so I did a trial run with my friend vs 2 cpu on Age of Empires III. Upon defeating one of them we explored the entire map and found the other settlement:


Lulzwut! They were trapped on an island of raised land! AHAHAH.

Overall, I love my new laptop. Smooth performance and rather fast. The only thing I dislike is the hugeass adapter. I know that this laptop requires a lot of power, but seriously?


Taken with the webcam just so you can see its quality. NOT because I'm lazy. :P & CHECK OUT MY MARIE HAT.

Anyway, LOOK OUT WORLD BECAUSE I HAVE FINALLY UPGRADED!

7 comments:

  1. your laptop is so pretty. wow... i want. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cool laptop. Play all the hi-res games! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I didn't even specify the model of the laptop in the post, but FYI it's P150EM.

      Delete

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter