Tuesday, October 22, 2013

KL & Churpout2013!

So I've been in KL for a week now. I killed my sister in law's fish on the first day. It was a betta fish and it had pop eye so I googled a remedy, went out to buy its "cure" and promptly killed it.

I was devastated. Thank god I didn't pursue my dreams of becoming a veterinarian because I'd quickly  fall into depression.

The highlight of that day was when Laopo drove to meet me and we spent the whole night talking. It felt like high school days again. We couldn't care less what others thought of our actions, as long as we had each other. But we aren't 14 anymore and it's no longer the two of us against the world.

The next day, I had Nando's!


Went shopping and then had a belated birthday dinner with Laopo at Marche.






I brought her shopping the day after because I was determined to get her a pretty dress. She has sexy, formal and evening wear but no pretty dresses! How can a girl not have pretty dresses! So I got her the girliest one there is. And look just how pretty she can be!


4th day was spent at 1U. I kept going round and round in circles, passing the same shop over and over again. But I managed to locate Honeypot which is a waxing salon.

I wanted to get my underarms waxed because Laopo told me that waxing could actually reduce underarm fuzz and would encourage finer regrowths! Furthermore, overplucking leads to chicken skin so I decided that I had nothing to lose.

The girl assigned to me is called Angel. I'm chatty under most circumstances and she was really easy to talk to. Quiet beauticians make me feel awkward and who likes feeling awks? It leaves a bitter taste in my heart and as the saying goes - people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did but people will never forget how you made them feel. I won't forget how at ease she made me feel and how she joked around.

Here's the interior:



And me, being me, forgot to take a photo of the exterior so if you would like a more in depth look at Honeypot, check out this post by Linora.

19/10 is the day of Churp Out 2013! Before heading over, Roxy & I went for super nice nasi lemak (literal translation: fat rice AHAHA) at Village Park Nasi Lemak (Damansara Uptown).


If you're a huge fan of santan (coconut milk) rice, this is a definite must try! The combination of slightly sweet chilli with rich flavourful rice and crispy chicken is mm-delicious!

On our way to Setia City Park, we saw some filming going on!


Wonder what they are shooting for. Car ad? Movie? Your guess is as good as mine. But maybe this next guess won't be as hard...

Guess who was the emcee for Churp Out?

LINORA!

I'm as shocked as you are by the coincidence - what are the odds that I "found" the emcee for Churp Out when I was looking for a good exterior picture of Honeypot!? So Linora, if you ever happen to stumble upon this post... It's FATE AND YOU SHOULD GIMME A CALL.











Churpout was quite a success, for myself at least. I bought 2 Liz Lisa tops and was really pleased with the photobooth pictures. AND I GOT TO TAKE PHOTOS WITH TIMOTHY TIAH, AUDREY AKA 4FT9 AND RINGO AKA CHEESIE!!

If you have been following me on Insta, you would've seen pictures already... But here are the aforementioned pics!


The original picture so horribly backlit that you couldn't make out our faces and I didn't want to bother them for another picture because I've already asked Aud for a pic which turned out to be out of focus... #dslruserproblems


I feel enormous next to Aud & Cheesie. D: And while I was surprised by Cheesie's petite frame, that girl's got a rocking bod! How is it fair that skinny little girls could be nicely endowed? DAMN.

Later, we all settled in a circle because a graffiti artist would be recreating Katniss' dress from Catching Fire with spray paint!




Out of nowhere, this little fucker appeared right. In. Front. Of. Us. WTF. Honestly, what happened to common courtesy? Everyone wants to see the performance and there is plenty of space... So why not stand beside me and enjoy it together?

It took him/her a while before he/she realized she was in our way and moved off. While I appreciate the gesture, it would have been better to be self aware and consider whether your actions or inactions are affecting someone else and if it doesn't take too much effort... By all means, do what you must to rectify the situation. Granted, I could've picked up my doof and moved if I was so inclined, but I expected him/her to move sooner or later and it wasn't causing me grief. The only reason I'm arsed to post about this is because I would like to remind everyone to be self aware, especially while in public... And be civil.



Around this time, we took off because it started to rain. It was a real downer because it drizzled on and off throughout the day. I guess they forgot to hire a bomoh for Churpout like they did for Nuffnang Food Fest.


Anyway, it so happened that there were umbrellas strewn all over the place for a giveaway. But Malaysians, being Malaysians, promptly picked one up each and ran off with them when it started to rain! So uncool. It is appalling to see people take things for granted and do as they wish. I felt bad for the staff who had to run after the people who stole the umbrellas.


Sunday was spent at Sungei Wang and Lowyat and ended in dinner with yet another old friend. Both of my Kuching friends who are currently in KL have been friends with me for 9 years. Crazy, isn't it! We went for Chilli Ban Mee - which was good and spicy - and mango dessert and ended the night with drinks at iDarts.

Crispy chicken for lunch and Swedish pizza (wasn't nice, therefore no pic!) for dinner yesterday.


And here I am today. The PC I'm using doesn't have PS so I was reduced to using Paint until I got sick of resizing manually and downloaded Photoscape so meh! /3\

No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter