Sunday, October 27, 2013

Review: Skin79 CC Cream Control

Disclaimer: The product was sent to me for review by HiShop!


CC creams are the successors of BB creams. BB creams were considered revolutionary because on top of being a moisturizing foundation with SPF, they are supposed to be packed with benefits such as anti aging, oil control, whitening, etcetera. However, it may be hard to find a shade of BB creams that complement your skin tone well as they usually come in one or two standard shades - resulting in an unnatural, sickly pallor. Furthermore, I found BB creams too heavy for my liking. To me, BB creams are foundations infused with skincare... As I've mentioned in previous posts, my skin does not react well to foundations, BB creams or even tinted moisturizers because they leave my skin looking scaly like a fish.

I've tried so many different products and many different brands with similar results that I've simply given up, preferring to spend that money on skincare instead. But when I was given the opportunity to try the CC cream for free, I thought why not? I would never purchase another product on skin coverage, and I could give a review from the perspective of a girl who does not have flawless skin (too many beauty bloggers do - it's so unfair!) but rather, suffers from dry yet oily, crazy stupid skin.


Skin79's CC Cream Control is aimed at reducing redness instead of covering up with a layer of paint. Therefore, it does not provide strong coverage. So! If you're looking for something that can totally hide pigmentation - this will not be what you are looking for. However, studies show that consistent use of CC Creams can correct skin discoloration in 6-8 weeks!


As you can see from the picture, the cream has a light consistency and is rather sheer. And I like the nozzle, which is in the form of a pump. I hate squeezy tubes because I always end up with more product than I need!


The first night I used it, I was surprised at how comfortable it was on my skin - it glides on like a charm and doesn't suffocate my skin. It felt like there was nothing on my bare skin (unless I touched it with my hand, then you might feel a thin film of something that feels like sunscreen residue). However, I could see that my skin was brighter and dewier (I have never been able to pull off the dewy look without my skin looking disgustingly oily) and, most importantly, it seemed to have reduced not only redness but also oil production. Granted, I was in an air conditioned environment for only 3 hours, tops.

So I went to Midvalley for the whole day the next day. I concealed a scar on my chin with mineral powder before I left the house, and by 6, the powder has faded even though I could still clearly see the pearly sheen of the CC Cream. After that, I went for Judo. When I reached home at 10, there was minimal oiliness which, if compared with the usual oiliness my face is prone to, can be easily overlooked. I never even expected the product to reduce oiliness so it's a definite plus!


Skin79's CC Cream Control has a light texture, sheer coverage and an SPF of 25 which is ideal for everyday use but only for those who are comfortable with the condition of their skin. I'm not horribly confident of my skin so I apologize for the pixelated before & after photos but I'm sure you can see the obvious differences!

Personally, I love that the cream:
- DOES NOT ACCENTUATE FINE LINES OR FLAKY SKIN
- Tames blotchy and oily skin
- Gives you a radiant glow
- Is super lightweight & spreads easily
- Does not smell like sunscreen (it actually smells quite nice but I'm not a fan of the scent).

It would have been my HG item if only it was tinted enough to cover up mild imperfections but I would still use it every day - solely for the points listed above.

One thing I worry about is purchasing fakes so I oftentimes stick with Watsons, especially for skincare because you really don't want to neglect your skin with fake products - who knows what junk the put into them?! But, you never have to worry about whether the Skin79 CC Cream you've purchased is genuine or not because you can verify it online!


All you have to do is log on to http://verification.beautime.com.my to verify your purchase!


Simple yet effective! More brands should adopt this, especially those that are not readily available internationally at official outlets. Or you can always choose to shop at HiShop! They currently have a 15% discount for Skin79 CC Creams.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter