Thursday, January 30, 2014

My Horse Year Resolutions!


不再赖床 Stop lazing in bed
Apparently there's no English equivalent for "赖床" (lai chuang) - that I know of, anyway. If you know the English expression for it, comment below! Anyway, I love lying in bed even after I wake up, willing myself to sink back into my dreams, trying to escape conciousness or scrolling through my phone, unwilling to leave the comfort of my bed... But I realized that that's no way to start a day! We should start everyday energetic and full of anticipation. Lying in bed after you have woken up is too depressing, because who doesn't want to get out of bed except for those who has nothing to live for? 

每天运动 Exercise daily
It doesn't have to be an all out work out, but I must do 4 sets of 12 anything or 20 minutes of cardio or complete a video from this FB page or Blogilates. I always put off exercise by telling myself I'll do it tomorrow... Tomorrow... Tomorrow. But you know what?! 5 minutes today is better than an hour some other day! 

减吃 Cut down on meal portions
Before I get flack for this - I know my body, you don't. I know that I've been eating more than my body needs. Our stomachs are only the size of our fists. How do I manage to finish an entire plate of nasi lemak special? Stomachs STRETCH. And over time, they are able to accommodate more and more, which makes us fatter and fatter. I believe that we are what we eat. The bodies we have are a show of exactly what a glutton (or not) we are. Additionally, Chinese parents always try to overfeed their kids and instill in them the fear of wasting food, making them eat more than they should. It teaches you that stuffing yourself silly is completely natural but it really isn't. So I will unlearn that bad habit and only eat until I'm full.

自爱 Love myself
It's not about being selfish, it's about being proud of who I am. But sometimes, be selfish. I want to be capable, unafraid of being alone, being independent and happy. Happiness is a healthy state of mind, and that's where I want to be. I want to love myself enough to hunt down my dreams and make them come true because no one else can.

I know that none of my resolutions are anything drastic, but do you believe in the butterfly effect? It's the small things that ultimately count.

Gong xi fa cai! ♥ HUAT HUAT HUAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter