Sunday, March 9, 2014

Review: Fairy Whitez

Ever since the Glutathione pills fail, I've been apprehensive about any consumables that tout of making your skin smoother, younger or fairer. But that all changed when I was introduced to Fairy Whitez. I really wanted to try it, probably because of the name of the product. I just didn't want to waste more money on something that might not work...

So, I couldn't believe it when I was chosen by HiShop to review the product for a month!!! How cool is that! Law of attraction, maybe? xD



Firstly, I'd like to point out that my skin condition is not the best. I have • Acne breakouts • Blackheads • Combination skin • Flaky skin • Dull skin • Redness • Enlarged pores! Sigh. Writing all that out really depresses me. How I wish that I could have flawless baby skin! Hopefully with Fairy Whitez, I can! :D

For the duration of the month I will be consuming Fairy Whitez, I will not be introducing any new products to my skincare regime, which is currently:

Cleanser: Dior Snow White Reveal Gentle Purifying Foam
Toner: Dior Snow White Reveal Moisturizing Lotion
Moisturizer: Skinfood Watery Berry Serum
Makeup Remover (when applicable): Hada Labo Moisturizing Cleansing Oil


1st Box 8 Jan - 17 Jan 2014


A day before I started taking Fairy Whitez, a hugeass pimple decided to make an appearance on my left cheek! The day after I started, I went for a facial and extracted that shit but it stubbornly stayed swollen until the 13th, but there is still a slight scar.

Other than that, I have noticed that my skin is significantly less oily with moisturizer. Previously, the moisturizer I'm using would cause oiliness in 15 minutes. I know that doesn't sound like a very suitable moisturizer for me, but I didn't know what other products to try because the moisturizer I'm using is meant for people with sensitive and oily skin! If there's one you can recommend me, please do!!

Anyway, Fairy Whitez seems to have reduced my oil production and my skin seems to be less irritated (no more redness!).

2nd Box → 18 Jan - 27 Jan 2014


My skin has suddenly become quite sensitive. But it's probably because I've been spring cleaning and dust irritates the hell out of my skin! Itchy bumps like mosquito bites appear for no reason on my face and neck and disappear just as quickly. I'm not saying the drink is causing it because there are too many factors to consider - it's just what I've observed in the past few days. Other than that, there seems to be a decrease in flakiness. I can now wear foundation with confidence!

3rd Box → 28 Jan - 4 Feb 2014

My time of month is approaching, and usually that means that 4-5 huge, painful pimples will pop up. This month, there is only one swollen pimple that - to be honest - is nowhere near as painful or swollen as previous pre-period pimples.

Other than that, I have noticed that I look a lot brighter in photos, primarily because I used to be rather dull despite my light to medium skintone. However, the sensitiveness has persisted... Today, I was terrorized by the itchiness of three areas - my forehead and neck in the afternoon, my cheek at night. One thing I have noticed, however, is that they only appear when it is humid.

Post Drink → 3 Mar 2014


My skin has been relatively good. Oil production seemed to have been normalized by the drink, I don't suffer from extreme oiliness anymore, which is ahmazing! My skin used to be so oily that I wouldn't be surprised if a bug flew smack into my face and stuck there for the rest of the day. I don't have anymore problems with the moisturizer I'm using too! Also, the flakiness has stayed gone while some redness has returned, although it isn't as bad as before.

However, the sensitivity of my skin (itchy red bumps appearing out of nowhere) has disappeared. I don't really know what to make of it... Maybe there's an ingredient in the drink that doesn't quite agree with me?

Lastly though, I'd like to mention that pre-period pimples are virtually gone! I got like two tiny pimples and one swelling which disappeared after a day! MAGIC.

Conclusion

Fairy Whitez has helped me with my pre-menstrual acne breakouts, oiliness, flakiness (honestly, no amount of exfoliating or moisturizing seems to get rid of my micropeeling skin problem) and redness. While it has not lightened the shade of my skin, I believe the drink has given me a glow which I have not been able to achieve through facial scrubs and exfoliation due to dull skin. It may or may not have caused my skin to become sensitive... But please do not be put off. Do not forget that everyone is different, so our bodies react to different compounds differently. Furthermore, our bodies are constantly changing. There are hormones, environment, mental and physical health, diet and a whole lot more that are contributing to the condition of our skin. The most important thing is that it is effective. 

* * *

HiShop is currently having a promotion on Fairy Whitez and Fairy Blossom. With every purchase of 2 boxes, you'll receive 4 free bottles worth RM35.60! Not sold yet? What if I threw in a rebate of RM20 for purchases over RM99 exclusively for you? Type in FAIRY2014 and checkout and receive my gift to you, but be sure to use it before the 31st of March, 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter