Tuesday, October 14, 2014

fly away

I never really understood wanderlust. It seems tedious and tiring to travel. There is so much to consider - money, research, time, courage. But as I looked down from the plane, I saw responsibilities fall away. I feel lighter. But it is one thing to fly to a place you've never been and to fly somewhere you constantly visit. Here I know I have a home, here I know I would be taken care of. But more and more I see the appeal of disappearing into a world where the only person who knows you is you.

I always believed it's not where you are, it's who you're with, so travelling with friends and people I loved seemed like the only option. Because I could be alone in the Bahamas and marvel at my loneliness. But there is also beauty in being alone. I wish I had that courage, but the most I could ever stand is shopping alone.

But one day I will do it. One day I will disappear. If only for a little while.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter