Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sephora Opening at Spring!

Man this post is so outdated I feel physically sick at myself. To be fair, I had laptop issues and I wasn't thrilled at the prospect of using a new operating system and was waiting for the official photos to be released... But enough of waiting. I want to blog about it now.

So I'm sure many of you Kuchingites know that Sephora finally hit East Malaysia on the 1st of September. :D I saw many familiar faces in the crowd but everyone was too distracted by the novelty of having Sephora in Kuching (!!!) to really chit chat. I feel my eyes wandering when someone stopped me to talk, and I'm sure everyone else felt the same, but at the same time, felt obliged to chat and acknowledge each other. But enough of that!



I attended both launches, once with colleagues (way to go hitz!) and once with this crazy girl I love.


Seriously though, I don't know why she's the way she is.


Everyone got these RM50 vouchers for the VIP launch, and because I attended both, once alone and once with my bf, I got two RM100 vouchers AND a RM50 voucher. Needless to say, I spent it all.


Sephora girls waiting for the first customers, but first...




There was a performance by Soul Dance (if I'm not mistaken). I really like the girl in the center. She danced with passion, and when you're passionate about what you're doing, that's when you are at your most attractive. They danced twice, once for the VIP launch and another time for the public launch and I couldn't keep my eyes off her.


Once the emcee said: "SEPHORA IS OPEN!!!" I rushed forward and upon realising no one else was following me, looked back and asked "seriously?!" before deciding that I could either shrink away awkwardly or make the best of the situation. So I told myself to fuck it and ran in, hi-fiving the waiting salesgirls. See, I was waiting for the photos to illustrate my golden moment but well, fuck it.

So now Kuching is another step closer to being an actual city. Exciting.



Here's Joash looking fab as he accidentally photobombs me.


Packaged rainbow bath capsules.





Check out this crazyass queue! It went all the way outside of Sephora. I'm glad I already surveyed the products before the public launch so I was in and out of the place quickly. Okay la maybe not as quickly as I made it sound because it's Sephora and I didn't really want to leave.

The first time I entered Sephora was in Singapore and I loved their service. I'd go back every one or two years because I cannot deny that I love Singapore. It's just such a nice city. But anyway, there was one particular promoter who always made me feel special by throwing in free gifts and samples (although, thinking back, he probably made each of his customers feel special - which is why he gave the best service!) and remembering me each time I walked into Sephora and introducing me to perfume he knew I'd like but not hardselling. He made me feel like he honestly enjoyed talking to me instead of treating me like a customer. I wish I got his name because he doesn't work there anymore. And now I don't know who is it I appreciate. But whoever you are, cheers, cos you're awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter