Saturday, January 21, 2017

Review: The Pallets (Jalan Mendu, Kuching)

A newly opened Western & Malaysian Restaurant at a carwash most Kuchingites refer to as Lucky Number.


You can find an assortment of pastas, steaks and also local favorites on the menu and I have to say, I loved the mushroom soup!


It's not overly sticky or runny, but milky and tasty instead. Very different from anything I've ever tasted in Kuching. The garlic bread that came with was so good I was tempted to order a basket but refrained as my waistline has been expanding and we ordered mains.


Mine is a beef burger with unsalted fries and a salad. Honestly though, if I'm paying more than RM5 for a burger, I expect high quality ingredients. What I got was a fattened Ramlee burger, drowned in cheap chili sauce with two slices of cucumber and cheese. The buns were the sweet roadside stall kinds rather than quality fluffy white buns.


My boyfriend ordered a chicken chop and it tasted like it was marinated with maggi sauce and some white pepper. Although he went for the mushroom sauce, what arrived tasted suspiciously like black pepper. It came with a salad, fries and two hotdogs. The kind that not even kids would eat.

Honestly, I would return but only for the mushroom soup which I highly recommend. Other than that, good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter