Thursday, January 5, 2017

Review: Sando Ramen (Premiere 101, Kuching)

My favorite place to get a ramen fix!


The first time I had it was at ST3 and before that I was under the impression that ramen just doesn't agree with me. I wanted so much to love it because Naruto does. It might seem childish in your eyes, but man he really LOVED ramen and I wanted it to bring me the same happiness it brought him. It's just that, disappointingly, all other ramen I've had in dear old Kuching has always let me down, until I tried Sando.

Chashu Mayu Tonkotsu | RM21.20  - Cucumber Lemon | RM8.50
The milky pork broth infused with garlic hits just the right spot especially on a cold hungry night but today's pork, while tender, had an intense piggy smell. One I've grown weary of since days of Australia. I left them untouched while I finished the entire bowl of crunchy, slippery goodness. However, I must admit that they seemed to have been a bit too heavy handed with the MSG or something, because dinner left us murderously thirsty.

Chashu Mayu Tonkotsu | RM21.20  - Cucumber Lemon | RM8.50
I would have loved to try their Gyoza but it was sold out so we had to settle for Japanese pizza!

Japanese Pizza | RM17.50
I asked for less mayonnaise on our pizza because hello there's 100 calories in each tablespoon! There was still a fair bit of the condiment though, so you can probably imagine how much they usually put! But the pizza itself has just the right amount of crispiness in every bite. I love it! I'm definitely going back for more but next time, I'll be ready with gallons of water. Why? Because it's worth it.


According to their FB page:
ST3 outlet open from 11:30am to 9:00pm daily except Tuesdays 0162220223
101 outlet open from 11:30am to 2:30pm & 5pm to 10:00pm on weekdays; 11:30am to 10:00pm on weekends and public holidays 0162220223/082460184

No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter