Tuesday, May 9, 2017

3 InSTARgrammers Every Girl Should Follow

Every time people talk about their favourite IGers, I never fail to mention these three people who inspire me and I hope they do the same for you too.

Plaaastic is a proud Vietnamese, known affectionately as GG. She's someone that life hasn't been kind to. I feel uncomfortable divulging her story as I'm neither friend nor family but in a nutshell, she's been through way too much than a 22 year old should have had to. But that's just me, who has only ever lived a comfortable life. I love her for her honesty, courage and eye for otherworldly aesthetic. She makes me want to wear my heart on my sleeve and platforms 10 miles high, runaway into a sea of strangers with nothing but the clothes on my back and a camera. She's not everyone's cup of tea, but she is so much more than just leaf water to me. 

My cousin Val from Big Picture Stuff introduced her to me and first I fell in love with her photography, her passion and then her words. There's magic in this young Australian mama because there must be a secret to how she captures moments so candidly and raw. I suppose art is a reflection of who you are and she's got a wild gypsy heart so it shows. Nirrimi taught me that the road can be home, unconventional can be natural, you don't have to follow rules - just your heart. She inspires me to open mine, to love freely and fiercely, but most importantly: to be kinder to myself.

When I first discovered her, all I could think was hair. I've been growing mine out for years but I keep losing sight of my goals. Looking at her pictures remind me what I love about long hair. It is so romantic and feminine. But over time, I can't help but feel like she really is a real life princess straight out of Disneyland! Always ready to put a positive spin on anything. Reading her captions make me warm inside and she really brightens up my feed. And even though she has some French in her, she never tries to pass off as Eurasian but identifies fully as Vietnamese and I love her for that. 

These girls are so much more than just another pretty face to me. I admire them for their strength, their heart and their sincerity. If you follow any girls who are an inspiration to you, I hope you share her. 

1 comment:

  1. the last instarrrgrammer! her hair is everything that i want! xD

    ReplyDelete

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter