Saturday, May 13, 2017

Review: Guardians of the Galaxy 2


I caught this on the premiere but it left with me so much feels, I knew I couldn't blog about it without spoiling this great movie. I had to rewatch the first one to calm myself down. And you'd know why, if you've seen it. If not then don't go past this line. Click the little X now. If you haven't seen it and you're still reading, you're stupid you little rebel.


Yondu dies.

See, you've gone and done it. Spoilt the movie for yourself. But before he died, he made "daddy" okay again and I love him so much more for it. C'mon, it was freaking obvious from the first movie that Yondu loved Starlord like his own. All those evasiveness about why he kept him in first place, their bickering and his defiance at keeping Peter alive. Peter, who has to be the thickest hero on the block. Idiot little boy.

I was completely absorbed by his daddy issues, Nebula's obvious sister issues and Groot's cuteness, there really wasn't much left for anything else. It was about the same tired old thing anyway, bad guy wants to take over the world (or maybe in this case - a universe) and the good crew has to clean it all up while going on an adventure of self discovery. But with a cute little tagalong that isn't just a pretty face!


Yes, it took me 2 weeks to get that out. The OST was just as good as the first one though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FacebookInstagramYoutubeTwitter